Here are some great tips to save you time when you call for technical support....
1. Set aside some quiet time for the call. If you are having to collect rent from tenants, deal with the kids, or shout over a jackhammer, you may not get the most out of your call.
2. If you have anything that will take a while to explain, such as an error message, a screen display, or a report, just write it down or take a screen shot, and fax it to us ahead of time. Send faxes to 1-800-398-3904, attention: Support. Send only 3 pages at the very most, let's not waste paper. If you have already submitted a support 'ticket', write the ticket# on the fax.
3. If you think we'll need to connect to your computer remotely, go ahead and get the 9 digit connection number that we'll need to get from you. Here's how:
Step 1: go to the website www.join.me (the following options may change slightly)
Step 2: on the join.me website, under 'HOST A FREE MEETING', click the orange rectangle button that says 'GET STARTED'
Step 3: Enter your email and a password, accept the privacy terms, then click 'GET STARTED' again. Press 'SKIP' on the other screens, unless you just want to enter the information. Then click on 'DOWNLOAD JOIN.ME' Then save the 'Join.me.exe' file in your download folder and click on the file when the download is finished.
Step 4: When the installation is finished, click on 'One time code' and the orange button next to it. You'll see a 9 digit number at the top of your screen (it might look like a phone number but is it formatted xxx-xxx-xxx). We'll need that number.
NOTE: if you have used this website before, they may require you to sign up for a free account. In that case, just follow the instructions to sign up then get the 9 digit number.
4. Know your exact Tenant File version number. To get that, you have to go into the Tenant File program, click on 'Help' and then click on 'About'.
5. If you are still within the free phone support period, you MUST also have your Customer Phone Support ID#, which was provided to you in your package, or under Preferences > Authorization.
6. Remote connections for paid support are only for 30 minute support calls. We highly suggest that you get the remote connection number at least 15 minutes prior to the call, so that none of your paid time is used trying to establish a connection. We have to serve a lot of customers and cannot keep others waiting. That means we will have to end the call right after 30 minutes. If you think need more time, we'll try to schedule another call as soon as possible. Once you have the Join.me 9-digit number do not close any windows.
7. Please be courteous. Our technical support staff will be professional and polite, so please be nice to them.