Here are some great tips to save you time when you call for technical support....
1. Set aside some quiet time for the call. If you are having to collect rent from tenants, deal with the kids, or shout over a jackhammer, you may not get the most out of your call.
2. If you have anything that will take a while to explain, such as an error message, a screen display, or a report, just write it down or take a screen shot, and fax it to us ahead of time. Send faxes to 1-800-398-3904, attention: Support. Send only 3 pages at the very most, let's not waste paper. If you have already submitted a support 'ticket', write the ticket# on the fax.
3. If you think we'll need to connect to your computer remotely, call us at (512) 288-1305 (10am-2pm CST M-F) and see if someone is available or schedule a time. The REMOTE CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS are below.
4. Know your exact Tenant File version number. To get that, you have to go into the Tenant File program, click on 'Help' and then click on 'About'.
5. If you are still within the free phone support period, you MUST also have your Customer Phone Support ID#, which was provided to you in your package, or under Preferences > Authorization. If the screen shows that your free phone support has expired, use the Help >Web Support, or purchase a 15 or 30 minute call.
6. Remote connections for paid support are only for 30 minute support calls. We highly suggest that you get prepared early, so that none of your paid time is used trying to establish a connection. We have to serve a lot of customers and cannot keep others waiting. That means we will have to end the call right after 30 minutes. If you think need more time, we'll try to schedule another call as soon as possible. Once you have the connection established, do not close any windows on your screen.
7. Please be courteous. Our technical support staff will be professional and polite, so please be nice to them.
REMOTE CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT: DO THIS ONE OR TWO MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TIME:
Step 1: You will need to go to the link: go.mikogo.com
Step 2: Give us a call at (512) 288-1305, and we'll provide your Session ID verbally.
Step 3: Enter your first name and Session ID, then click the button that say 'JOIN'.
NOTE: Do NOT click the button labeled 'JOIN VIA BROWSER
Step 4: The program will download a file to your computer, and you need to run that file.
Want more detailed instructions? Click here to display the guide.